I've had a lot of hate thrown my way, but I take that hurt & turn it to energy. It fuels me. -Mandy Rain

Your very FIRST Mandy Rain website!

Search This Blog :)

Monday, May 30, 2011

The DAILY LOVE!


Hello Rainstorms! Remember last week when we said Mandy Rain would be on the DAILY LOVE? Well the article got out today and you should definitely check it out! It's very inspirational and you will love it! By the way, did you know Mandy was the youngest to write for the blog? I think that's awesome and I also think she should write more on it! So tweet @TheDailyLove and let them know! ENJOY THE ARTICLE!! ALSO CHECK HER TWITVID http://www.twitvid.com/SFM9X


Everyone feels it—no matter what face they might put on for the rest of the world. Even some people who seem to have it all sometimes struggle with self-esteem. Lady Gaga, for example-she’s very open about how she sometimes still feels like that picked-on kid from high school.
You might feel like “it’s just me”, that other people around you don’t have self-doubt, but trust me, we all do. I think our society has led us to think that if a person is beautiful and popular and has an outward attitude of confidence, somehow that means they have no pain in their life. But we all have problems-there isn’t one person without them. Confidence in yourself comes not just from the image that you see in the mirror, but from within your mind, your soul. As someone who has spent a bit of time in the limelight, in show business, I’m the first to know about criticism. Models, actresses and other performers are told they’re too skinny, or too fat or even aren’t pretty enough, and hearing those things can definitely be hurtful. And honestly, if you do enough research, you learn that many people in show business get into it because they are looking for acceptance, for the approval and love of other people. Performing is their way of finding self-confidence.
Dealing with hate, bullying and teasing is a tough thing. I’ve been picked on BY ADULTS! I remember once, when I was in grade school, and an authority figure singled me out to pick on. I was popular, and I think she was jealous-I don’t know why. Being in show business, I’ve dealt with so many people older than me who will try to put me down—for whatever reason. It’s happened so much, it’s actually made me stronger. And that’s how I think you have to USE it. Use it to make you stronger -  because honestly, it’s going to happen all through life.
When bullying happens to me, I just remember that it’s not me- it’s them. I have a friend who says, “Hurting people…hurt people”. People who are in pain, bully others that have a quality in them that the bully is jealous of. Tell yourself, “She or he is picking on me because I love myself. I am beautiful, confident, brilliant, and they unfortunately do not see that in themselves, so they want to bring me down. I am perfect as I am.” Remember that. I don’t promise that it makes it any easier, but it might, if you can look at your bully…and pity them.

© TheDailyLove

No comments:

Post a Comment